West Wales SUP Adventure weekend with Heron & Hush and Daddyboards
Time & Location
About the event
Heron & Hush and Daddyboards have come together to offer you the ultimate West Wales SUP Adventure Weekend staying at the incredible Ty Cwch Boathouse.
Our accomodation is neslted in the bijou cove of Cwmtydu on the rugged and wild coastline of Cardigan Bay and is just a couple of minutes walk to the beach. The location has direct access to the famous Wales coast path, which stretches a spectacular 870 miles long and was the first dedicated footpath in the world to cover the entire length of a country's coastline.
Cardigan Bay is teaming with local wildlife including being home to the largest population of bottlenose dolphins in Europe. In the autumn season, seals come on to Cwmtydu beach to have their pups.
With this stunning setting, who could wish for more? Well, there is more, much more!
Here's our SUP adventure itineray:
- Friday: Arrival for 4pm onwards, settle in, unwind with a sunset swim in the cove followed by a BBQ on the beach and welcoming drinks
- Saturday Morning: Breakfast and briefing followed by SUP Surf / Coastal SUP Tour / Downwinding (weather appropriate) We will enjoy a picnic lunch at a bay along the coast during the Coastal SUP Tour
- Saturday late Afternoon: A professionally led forage and feast to acompany our evening meal
- Sunday Morning: Breakfast and Briefing, followed by another fun-filled morning of SUP Surf / Coastal SUP Tour / Downwinding (weather appropriate) We will enjoy a picnic lunch at a bay along the coast during the Coastal SUP Tour
- Sunday afternoon Down time, chill at the bay, take a coastal or woodland stroll, go for a drive or even an afternoon nap! Its 'you' time! Gather together again for our Sunday evening meal
- Monday Morning: Breakfast, tidy and check-out of accomodation. (Don't be sad, your adventure is not over yet!) Enjoy a breathtaking coastal walk to neighbouring New Quay (approx 1 hr 40 mins walk each way) pop into The SUP Shack, a family-run B&B, café and specialist watersports and surf shop, grab some lunch and follow the coastal path back where sadly it's time to say our goodbyes and leave Ty Cwtch at approx 3pm
Included in the price:
- Accomodation in Ty Cwch Boathouse, with a maxiumum 4 persons per sleeping pod*
- All meals included (apart from brunch / lunch in New Quay) -
- All activities coached or guided as appropriate by qualified professionals
- Board and equipment hire is not included in the price but you are more than welcome and positively encouraged to bring your own. For those wishing to hire equipment, this is available for an additional £60 pp for the entire weekend use - Please state if this is required at time of booking
~ This adventure weekend is for competant paddlers only ~
by competant we mean able to confidently paddle and control their board and have a reasonable level of fitness. Paddlers should be able to practice basic self-rescue.
*Please note that whilst we will do everything to ensure single sex sleeping pods, depending on participants, this may not always be possible.
proposed itinerary will be flexible dependant on safe weather conditions
The price for this weekend includes a £100 deposit - this is non-refundable
This weekend is for over 18's